Sunday, October 5, 2008

What a weekend

Feeling really exhausted from the weekend! I made two cakes and 50 cupcakes. One birthday cake, another for a baby's baptism.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy baking and decorating the cakes but the exhaution comes from other factors. I had to deliver the cakes on Sunday, so I started baking on friday and set aside saturday for baking the cupcakes and decorating. Of course my three little bakers wanted to 'help' me.

When I am in the kitchen, I like to work alone. I don't mind help as long as they don't get in my way. It starts of by one of them coming in and sitting by the kitchen table, helping me. Everything is going well until the other two come in and demand that they want to chip in as well. Fine but they all one to do the same thing as the first and of course arguments start.Mom, he did that, she did that and on it goes. Arrgh. Here I am trying to follow my timing and I have to deal with their fighting. What do I do, I chase them out of the kitchen. Peace for ten minutes or so and the cycle starts again. This went on until evening. In between, I had to stop to send them for piano and drum classes, go to the shop, break for dinner and finally, I was alone at about 10.30pm. By the time I finished, it was 3.30am after cleaning the kitchen and putting away all the utensils.

Before I knew it, it was already 7.30am. I wanted to take photos of the cakes and send the birthday cake to my mom's for pickup.

The birthday cake was for a doctor and her brother wanted me to make a 'medical' theme cake. What I did was mould a stethoscope using sugar paste. I have made sugar paste flowers in the past but this was my first attempt at making a sugar paste model of something other than flowers.

I think it turned out ok as hubby and kids knew what it was when they saw it. :)

I cannot upload the photo for this cake as none of the shots for this cake was captured by the memory stick of my camera. Sigh!!! But I have asked my friend to email me the photos that was taken during the birthday do. Now I just have to wait.

Since I did not have enough sleep, my sinus started acting up. Not good cos I was invited to attend the baby's baptism lunch. Packed the car with the kids, cakes, cuppies as well as the stand and off we went to Klang.

I thought the stand looked really nice with the cuppies. Everyone enjoyed the cakes. Had to leave right after the cake cutting cos by then I was having a bad flu. This one will only go away if I sleep it off.



Party With Cakes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design